Can you tell us something about YER USA?
Founded in 1987 YER is an international recruitment company with its headquarters in Amsterdam. YER USA, with offices across the US, was founded in 2007 as a result of international expansion and through existing partnerships with global clients
Hiring great people is crucial for your business success in the USA and a high-quality selection process is the foundation for it. Different rules apply to the US job market, so let us help you navigate the challenges that come with it. We are 100% committed to your success!
OUR PROVEN PROCESS AND TIMELINE
Based on a thorough Intake Call we’ll present our clients a short list of 3-5 top candidates, usually within 3-4 weeks.
Clients get the opportunity to interview these candidates (1-3 round interviews via call/video and in-person). We usually see the best candidate is selected and hired within eight to ten weeks from the beginning of the process.
Why did your company choose Texas?
Texas is the biggest state in the U.S. and one of the best places for you to do business. It’s home to seven of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, according to figures released in 2018 by the U.S. National Census Bureau, and is enjoying a huge rise in relocations from other U.S. states. A lot of Dutch companies are based in Texas. Our office in Austin is perfectly located to serve all of them.
Texas offers optimal conditions for entering the U.S. market, for European companies, in particular, it is a good opportunity to establish a subsidiary here.
Over 65,000 businesses call the City of Dallas home and Houston is the U.S. energy headquarters and a world center for virtually every segment of the oil and gas industry. Austin is a one-of-a-kind place that’s not just unique to Texas, but to the whole country. Austin is also one the fastest growing cities in the US and it’s really becoming a tech city, and over the years I’ve even heard people call it Silicon Hills.
What kind of advice can you give to Dutch entrepreneurs who want to do business in Texas?
Let me share a few things that are different compared to the Netherlands:
• Employment relationships are presumed to be “at-will” in most U.S. states, which means an employer or employee can terminate an employment relationship at any time for any reason
• Offering Medical, Dental, Vision Care & 401k is one of the most important benefits to US based employees
• Interview questions that may be problematic in the US due to US federal law and state regulations that provide extensive protection against discrimination
• Salaries in the US are generally much higher due to different cost of living standards
• Ask for help, Texans are supportive and always open to help
• Be prepared for a lot of paperwork, forms to fill out and waivers to sign everywhere
• And for the rest, have fun and enjoy all the great things in Texas. Go to a Rodeo, eat BBQ brisket, and explore the Texas Hill Country.
Sabrina Shoeman, Director European Desk at YER USA
Director European Desk