NBSO-Texas is busy preparing the last details of this promising week. We are happy to welcome the Dutch delegation in Austin, Texas!
A delegation of Dutch innovators and urban planners are headed to Austin, Texas, for the Smart Cities Innovation Summit June 13-15.
The summit brings together officials and planners from more than 200 cities around the world to share their state-of-the-art solutions and best practices to make cities smarter.
During the summit, nine innovative projects from Amsterdam, the Hague, Utrecht and the Brainport will participate in the Global City Challenge Teams, an initiative designed to advance the deployment of “Internet of Things” technologies within a smart city environment.
The projects include:
- Amsterdam/iBeacon Living Lab, which provides public networks, open infrastructure and data for developers to accelerate emerging Internet of Things innovations for smart city solutions;
- Smart Insight Amsterdam, which uses smart meter data to provide smart insight in consumption;
- CityPulse Eindhoven, which uses data captured in public space through video and sound to understand what is happening in the streets;
- FIWARE Eindhoven, a smart city platform that brings in a dashboard with information and insights to support the development of smart solutions for public safety;
- Eindhoven/Brainport Living Lab Smart Mobility, which includes several projects in the field of smart mobility, innovative traffic management and cooperative and automated driving that are combined in a living lab environment;
- Eindhoven/Strijp-S Smart& Connnected Community, a high-tech information network designed for flexible expansion and modification as new needs and requirements emerge;
- The Hague/2 citizen engagement big data applications, which use open data to let EV drivers communicate between each other to optimize the usage of EV chargers, reduce the amount of infrastructure needed by city to install and smart charge with renewable energy;
- Utrecht/Framework of smart solar charging for electric vehicles, which installs and operates a bi-directional network of unique public charging terminals for electric vehicles.
Follow the conference on Twitter using
June 10, 2016